Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Emilia is 9 months!













It's been so long since my last blog post and I feel so out of touch with the blogging world!  I don't even know where to begin as so many exciting things have been happening. I  really wanna try and blog more regularly because it's such a great outlet for me and something I miss so much.  

Emilia turned 9 months last week and I wish she would stay this age forever. Yes I know I say this about every age but seriously 9 months is the absolute best! She smiles and laughs so much and just loves her little world. I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy every moment cause she's growing and changing so unbelievably quickly. This little girl brings me more joy on a daily basis than I ever thought was possible. 

Emilia's milestones 
Emilia went from commando crawler to professional crawler in no time and boy does my baby love to crawl! She whizzes across the room in two seconds flat and I need to have my eye on her all the time because she's into absolutely everything.

She recently started pulling herself up into standing position and uses furniture to walk around. Rob had to adjust the setting on her cot to make the bars higher so she doesn't topple out when she stands up in there. 

She now has two teeth at the bottom and her two top teeth cut through last week. 

She babbles all the time and hums along to music. She can say dada and baba but i'm still waiting for her to say  mama. She loves to wave, clap her hands and play peekaboo. 

I'm not really sure if this is a milestone but she loves books. Rob reads to her every night in German, I read to her in English and when we visit her Oma and Opa they read to her in Polish.  Sometimes she just sits by herself with a book and looks at all the pictures. 

Sleeping
Our little girl is a great day sleeper and a terrible night sleeper. She usually sleeps for a solid hour mid morning and another hour sometime longer in the afternoon. She's mostly in bed by 7pm every night still wakes a few times a night for her milk and lately she's been more wakeful than usual because of teething. She has never once slept through the night, but we're working on it!

Eating
We are still going strong with breastfeeding and I'm not planning on weaning her any time soon. She started solids when she was 6 months old but she still prefers breast milk over anything. Meal time is always guaranteed to be an extremely messy event as Emilia is little miss independent and insists on feeding herself. She doesn't like to be spoon fed and always grabs the spoon off me so she can feed herself. We are currently experimenting with 'baby led weaning' which is basically self feeding and seems to suit Emilia so much better. It was a completely natural progression and I actually just went on my instincts with this one. She loves any type of sweet juicy fruit and I always have to mop the floor afterwards. 

Gosh I feel like this blog post could go on and on as there is so much more to say after so long not blogging. I think I better stop here so it doesn't get too long and boring. 

Antoinette x

9 comments:

Rach said...

Antoinette I've missed you so I was so excited to see this update. These photos are so gorgeous! What a beautiful little girl Emilia is!!!

emi said...

this is so sweet! amazing photos and you're a darling mom to capture all of this about her :)
xo

the well-traveled wife

emi said...

this is so sweet! amazing photos and you're a darling mom to capture all of this about her :)
xo

the well-traveled wife

Hailey said...

nice pics :)

Courtney B said...

I miss you!!
Emilia is soooo beautiful! I am loving this update!
Do you have instagram? If so, what's your username? If not? You NEED it! It's the best way to keep up to date with everyone and I love seeing pictures of my beautiful friends and their babes :)

Dearest Lou said...

I have missed your updates! She is seriously the cutest and has so much hair. I agree with the commenter above.. you need instagram! It's a great way to stay connected with other mamas and is easier than blogging (;

xx
Cecilia
Dearest Lou

Cee said...

Oh my goodness, Antoinette... It's been a while since I've been to your blog and so much has changed. I can't believe how fast your little girl has grown, she is gorgeous :)
xox,
Cee

sohbet net said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful YazGülülü Sohbet Chat Odaları- Güzel Sözler Burada! - En Güzel Sözler - Sohbet Net Odaları

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question that I'd like
to ask if you don't mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.

I've had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my
ideas out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing however
it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Thanks!|

Here is my web page: program do rozliczania pit 2014 (dobreprogramypity.pl)